Nothing beats travelling! There’s just something about the excitement of travel: the packing, arriving at the airport, and taking off for new places and new adventures! If you’re looking for the best travel quotes and captions for Instagram, here are 200+ of the best ones to inspire you!
Finding a caption or quote for Instagram stresses me out. I have an insane amount of photos on my phone (50,000 and counting, actually!) and while I love sharing my travel photos, I stumble over finding the perfect caption.
That’s why I thought I’d help others like me with this list of the best travel captions and quotes for Instagram!
From short travel quotes, couple travel captions, travel memories quotes, famous travel quotes and much more, you won’t have to worry about finding that perfect Instagram caption for your travel photography to inspire wanderlust and fuel your love of travel.
Inspirational and memorable quotes about travelling often give the ability to describe how you feel in the moment and help clarify truths about travel, life, love, and adventure.
Don’t waste your time on vacation by trying to find an travel caption or quote for Instagram – use one of these!
Need some nature caption inspiration?
Check out these 250+ Nature Captions and Quotes to get you back in touch with nature.
This post contains affiliate links which means I earn compensation when you click on the links at absolutely no extra cost to you! Feel free to read my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Plan your next vacation using these tools!
✈️ Book flights: SkyScanner
🏨 Book hotels: Booking.com
🚘Book car rentals: RentalCars.com
🎫Book tours: GetYourGuide
🍽️Local food experiences: EatWith
🌍Favourite travel item: Packing cubes
🧳Favourite travel bag: Osprey 40L Fairview
📱 ESims: Airalo
🩹 DIY Travel Medical Kit
💸 20 Cheap Travel Items Under $20
Travel Quotes for Instagram
- “Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate people than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
- “Drink heavily with locals whenever possible.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
- “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
- “Without new experiences, something inside us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
- “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little of it.” – Alexander Sattler
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
- “Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.” – Rick Watson
- “Travel…the best way to be lost and found at the same time.” – Brenna Smith
- “I’m in love with cities I have never been to and people I have never met.” — Anonymous
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Famous Travel Quotes
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing your lawn. Climb that damn mountain.”- Jack Kerouak
- Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Hemmingway
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” – Mark Twain
- “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel next, to find ourselves.” – Pico Iyer
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- ” The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them — wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
- “I wish I had never gone travelling.” Said no one ever.
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Once the Travel Bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
- Go where you feel most alive.
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- Beach please.
- Ocean air, salty hair.
- “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
- “The travel impulse is mental and physical curiosity. It’s a passion. And I can’t understand people who don’t want to travel.” — Paul Theroux
- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on an old familiar pillow.” — Lin Yutong
- “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
Short Travel Captions for Instagram
- “Jet Lag is for Amateurs.” – Dick Clark
- “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Life’s a journey, not a destination” – Aerosmith
- “Don’t listen to what they say, go see.” – Chinese Proverb
- We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.
- Don’t quit your day dream.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.
- “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Anderson
- This heart of mine was made to travel this world.
- Just go. Go see all the beauty in the world.
- Travel is my therapy.
- My goal is to run out of pages in my passport.
- Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.
- Collect moments, not things.
- We don’t need objects; we need adventures.
- Travel is the healthiest addiction.
Couple Travel Quotes for Instagram
- Happiness is planning a trip with the ones that you love.
- “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” — Peter Hoeg
- “Together is our favourite place to be.” – Unknown
- Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.
- I will love you until the stars go out, and the tides no longer turn.
- It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.
- People never forget two things, their first love and their first day in New York City.
- Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul.
- “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, “I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” — Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
- “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.” – Charles Dickens
- I don’t want to be ‘tied down’ with someone, I want to be set free with someone.
- “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” — Robert Brault
- My love for you is a journey; Starting at forever, and ending at never.
- “And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Lyer
- Find someone who is a home and an adventure all at once.
- “I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once, to see the world. Twice to see the way you see the world.”
- “You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.” – Thich Nhat Hahn
Adventure Travel Quotes
- “Great things never came from comfort zones.” – Anonymous
- Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.
- Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.
- Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost.
- “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough
- The journey is my home.
- “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventure should be top priority.” — Richard Branson
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “Travel has a way of stretching the mind.” – Ralph Crawshaw
- “You go away for a long time and return a different person – you never come all the way back.” – Paul Theroux
- “The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner
- Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.
- Adventures are the best way to learn.
- Of all the books in the world. The best stories are found between the pages of a passport.
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
- “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.” — Jack Dawson
Trips with Friends Captions for Instagram
- “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.
- “The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger” – Unknown
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going. Are you coming with me?
- “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” – Kristen Sarah
- Let’s get lost.
- “When you get lost in a really strange place, nothing is more comforting than finding your friend whom you trust and can show the way.” – Toba Beta
- “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.” – Thelma & Louise
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together.”– African proverb
- You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!
- “No road is too long with good company.” – Turkish proverb
- “There are no strangers here; only friends you haven’t met yet.” – William Butler Yeats
- “We are all travellers in the wilderness of the world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- It’s the friends we meet along the way that help us appreciate the journey.
- Everyone needs this friend that calls and says; ‘Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure!’
- “We are travellers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paul Coelho
- “It was us against the world.” – Burnell Glanzer
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it’s not some place you can look for. Because it’s not where you go. It’s how you feel for a moment in your life when you’re a part of something. And if you find that moment… it lasts forever.” – Alex Garland, The Beach
Solo Travel Quotes
- Travelling allows you to become so many different versions of yourself.
- Travel is an investment in yourself.
- “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” – Storm Jameson
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne Du Maurier
- As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are!
- “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “This is the journey of your life. Don’t try to explain it to others, because only you can see it.” – Nitin Namdeo
- “Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.” — Paulo Coelho
- “The inner journey of travel is intensified by solitude.” – Paul Theroux
- “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
- “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” – Henry Rollins
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz
- “The journey of life is amazingly beautiful if you take it as a fearless adventure.” – Debasish Mridha
- “The inner journey of travel is intensified by solitude.” – Paul Theroux
- “Loving life is easy when you are abroad. When no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more master of yourself than at any other time.” – Hanna Arendt
- “One of the reasons I travel solo: I do not have to share all the delicious food!” – Unknown
- “Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, it also pushes you out of the zone of others’ expectations.” – Suzy Strutner
- “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “I learned my strengths and my weaknesses. I experienced the exhilaration of the ups and the despairs of the lows and most of the feelings in between… I learned courage and I learned it myself” – Ann Stirk
- Traveling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life changing experience of your life. Try it at least once.
- Table for one, food for two, please.
- “You don’t need magic to disappear, all you need is a destination and a great hostel” – Unknown
- “Travelling Solo will replace thousands of motivational books.” – Hostelgeeks
- If you are waiting for someone to travel with you, you may end up waiting a lifetime.
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
- “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. -air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. -all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
Travel Memories Quotes
- I want to make memories all over the world.
- You can shake the sand from your shoes, but not from your soul.
- The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
- Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind, and fills your life with stories to tell.
- I want to make memories all over the world.
- Away is a place where it’s not about the money you spend. It’s about the moments you share.
- “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” — Anonymous
One Word Captions for Travel
- Depaysement (The good or bad feeling that comes from being in a foreign country.)
- Selcouth (Something unfamiliar, unusual, or wondrous.)
- Numinous (A powerful feeling of both fear and fascination, of being in awe and overwhelmed by what is before you.)
- Fernweh (Homesickness for a place you’ve never been to; a feeling stronger than wanderlust.)
- Solivagant (Wandering alone. A solitary adventurer who travels or wanders the globe.)
- Gadabout (A person who travels to many different places, especially for pleasure.)
- Vagary (A whimsical or roaming journey.)
- Morli (The desire to capture a fleeting experience.)
- Hodophile (Lover of roads and travel. One loves to travel.)
- Yugen (A profound mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe that triggers a deep emotional response.)
- Serendipity (The natural ability to make desirable discoveries by accident.)
- Eleutheromania (An irresistible yearning for freedom.)
- Exulansis (A tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because others are unable to relate to it.)
- Flaneur (One who strolls aimlessly, but enjoyably.)
- Coddiwomple (To travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination.)
- Gallavanter (A person who goes off or travels around in search of amusement; someone who is obsessed with traveling fun or adventure.)
- Hiraeth (A homesickness for a place which you can’t return to or never was.)
- Onism (The awareness of how little of the world you’ll experience.)
- Livsnjutare (Swedish word meaning ‘Enjoyer of life.’)
- Resfeber (The racing heartbeat of a traveller before embarking on a journey.)
- Saudade (An emotional state of nostalgia and longing for someone of something distant.)
- Smultronstalle (Swedish word for a special place discovered for solace and relaxation.)
Captions for Travel Photos
- Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.
- “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anotole France
- “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Life is short, and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” – Simon Raven
- I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.
- Travel makes you realize that no matter how much you know, there’s always more to learn.
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Work, save, travel, repeat.” – Anonymous
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
- Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” -Alan Keightley
Pin it for later!
- 250+ Best Nature Captions and Quotes for Instagram
- Common Road Trip Mistakes to Avoid (and What to Do Instead!)
- 20 Cheap Travel Items Under $20 (that are ACTUALLY useful!)
- How to Prepare Your Home for Travel (Plus free Printable)
- How to Travel with a Carry-On Only
- What to Pack for an All-Inclusive Vacation
- Tent Styles: Different Types of Tents for Every Situation
- What to Pack in a DIY Travel Medical Kit