Who knew there were so many ways to say “have a safe flight?”
Telling someone to have a safe flight is often said to family, friends, and loved ones taking to the sky to start a new journey, but if you’re looking for different ways to say have a safe flight without actually saying it, there are a number of creative ways to get the message across!
Certain sayings like “have a good flight” or “have a nice flight” can often feel impersonal when you want to give a fond farewell to someone you love. Finding the right words to say goodbye to someone who is about to depart on an exciting journey can be challenging.
Let’s look into all the different types of ways to say have a safe flight to a friend, family member, or partner before they take off to the skies!
Here’s a list of 75+ “have a safe flight” wishes, quotes, and sayings that should help you find the perfect way to wish someone a safe flight.
Have a safe flight meaning
Before we get into the list of different wants to say have a safe flight, what does it actually mean?
The common phrase “have a safe flight” is usually said when you want to wish your loved one or friend a safe journey, free of any hiccups or mishaps.
While no one is really certain of the origin, we can assume it goes hand in hand with traditional blessings and the giving of good luck charms.
Why do we say have a safe flight?
Saying “have a safe flight” just feels natural! It’s almost reflexive to say it to someone who’s about to board a plane. It’s often said because plane travel is still perceived as risky – even though it’s actually one of the safest forms of travel!
Telling someone to have a safe flight or a safe journey just shows you care for them. There are still many ways a flight can go wrong – from delays, cancellations, and turbulence, and we all want to make sure our friends and loved ones reach their destination as safely and quickly as possible!
Is it polite to say safe travels?
While people say “break a leg” to stage performers can be considered a form of bad luck, telling someone to have a safe flight is certainly polite. It just shows you care and wish them the best on their journey.
Common ways to say “Have a Safe Flight”
- Safe travels!
- Bon voyage!
- Fly safe!
- Have a smooth and pleasant flight
- Enjoy the flight!
- Travel safely!
- Smooth sailings through clear skies!
- Get there safely!
- Have a safe flight!
- Enjoy life above the clouds!
- Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
- Have a great trip and get there safely
- Wishing you a safe journey
- Let us know when you arrive!
Have a safe flight sayings
Looking for a creative way to say have a safe flight? These phrases are less common:
- Text me when you land!
- Have a great time and get there safely!
- Wish I was with you! Can’t wait to see you when you get back
- Best wishes for a smooth flight!
- Have a great flight!
- Happy travels!
- Don’t forget to send us photos!
- Safe journey!
- Enjoy the trip!
Have a safe flight wishes for friends
- Have a safe and comfortable flight!
- I can’t wait to hear your stories!
- Have fun exploring the world!
- Travel safely! See you when you get back!
- Make sure you let me know when you arrive!
- Send me lots of photos!
- Fly safely!
- I hope you have a great flight – enjoy the journey!
- I’ll be waving to you from down here!
- Remember – getting lost is all a part of the journey. Have fun!
- May you have a stress-free journey!
- Don’t forget to bring me back a souvenir!
Have a safe flight message to a loved one
Telling someone you love goodbye when they leave for a flight is the hardest goodbye of them all! So if you’re looking for ways to wish your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife a safe flight, these heartfelt wishes can help you get your message across.
- This isn’t goodbye – it’s I’ll see you when you get back!
- I already miss you! Come back safely!
- I love you! Safe travels!
- I’ll be thinking of you! Let me know when you arrive.
- I’ll be waiting at the gate for you!
- Have a safe and happy flight!
- You’ll be thousands of feet in the air, but you’re always in my heart. Be safe!
- I can’t wait to see you after you land!
- I hope you have a smooth flight; travel safely!
- Come back to me in one piece; I miss you already!
- Take me with you!
- Send me lots of selfies!
- I can’t wait to hear all about your journey!
- I wish there was room in your suitcase for me!
- I’ll miss you while you’re away!
Ways To Wish Nervous Flyers A Safe Journey
Flying isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. If you know a nervous flyer and want to wish them a safe journey, these phrases can help ease their nerves.
- Don’t be nervous, flying is the safest form of travel!
- Just remember, you’re safer on a flight than you are in a car! Go well and be above.
- Flying is the safest mode of transport we have! Enjoy it!
- Have a drink and enjoy the journey!
- Sit back and relax – you’re much safer than you think!
- Think of a happy place – you’ll be there before you know it.
- Have a safe flight – and please let me know when you land!
Have a safe flight synonyms
There are many different ways to say have a safe flight without actually saying it. Let’s take a look at a few different sayings:
- Safe travels!
- Bon voyage!
- Arrive safe and sound!
- Wishing you a safe journey
- Enjoy your holiday!
- Take lots of photos. We can’t wait to see them!
- I am looking forward to hearing all your stories!
- I’m so excited for you. Have a great trip!
- Please let me know when you arrive
- See you soon!
Quotes for safe travels
Looking for safe travel quotes? Sometimes quotes can help convey your emotions compared to a traditional saying.
- “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
- “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey” – Babs Hoffman
- “Parting is such sweet sorrow.” – Shakespeare
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne
- “Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.” – Rumi
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
- “If you think adventure is dangerous try routine, it’s lethal!” – Paulo Coelho
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “The world is waiting for you. Good Luck. Travel Safe. Go!” – Phil Keoghan
- “Great things never came from comfort zones.” – Anonymous
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Looking for some more travel related quotes and sayings? Check out this list of over 200 travel quotes and captions!
- 250+ Nature Captions and Quotes for Instagram
- How to Build a Travel Fund: Actionable Tips to Save Money for Travel
- Common Road Trip Mistakes to Avoid (and What to Do Instead!)
- 20 Cheap Travel Items Under $20 (that are ACTUALLY useful!)
- How to Prepare Your Home for Travel (Plus free Printable)
- How to Travel with a Carry-On Only
- What to Pack for an All-Inclusive Vacation