Remembrance Day is the time of the year when pay a special honour to Canadians who served—and died—for their country. While most Remembrance Day ceremonies in Niagara take place on November 11th, some towns may hold earlier services.
This list will become updated when more information becomes available.
Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but there may be some other Remembrance Day ceremonies in Niagara not listed here. Feel free to send me an email or comment below so I can keep this list current!
Last updated: November 5, 2023
This post contains affiliate links which means I earn compensation when you click on the links at absolutely no extra cost to you! Feel free to read my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting my blog!
About Remembrance Day
Originally called Armistice Day, Canadians recognize Remembrance Day every November 11th at 11:00 am; on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
This date and time marks the end of hostilities during the First World War. It is also an opportunity to recall and honour all of those who have served Canada – and continue to serve – during times of war, conflict and peace.
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Niagara are normally held at community cenotaphs and war memorials, schools, and other public spaces.
Two Minutes of Silence on Remembrance Day
At 11 a.m. on November 11 in Canada, we pause in a silent moment for two minutes to honour those who have died serving our country during war and peacekeeping efforts.
More than 2.3 million Canadians have served throughout our nation’s history, and more than 118,000 made the ultimate sacrifice.
Where are Remembrance Day ceremonies taking place in Niagara?
The following is a list of Remembrance Day ceremonies in Niagara.
It’s a good idea to arrive early to find parking and a place to stand for these ceremonies, as they can fill up quickly. Some street accesses may be closed due to parades and ceremonies.
Get your reusable poppy pin!
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Grimsby
- Grimsby Cenotaph, Grimsby Museum, 6 Murray Street, November 11, 10:30 am.
Beamsville Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Beamsville Cenotaph (Jacob Beam Public School), 5048 King St, November 11, 10:45 am.
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Jordan
- Jordan Lion’s Park Cenotaph at 2769 Fourth Ave, Jordan Station, Wednesday November 8, 10:45 am.
Don’t miss the Poppy Project – a powerful visual statement of remembrance for all those who have served- at the Lincoln Museum & Cultural Centre, located at 3800 Main Street in Jordan, on display from November 3 – November 11.
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Smithville
- Cenotaph service, 172 St. Catharines Street, November 11, 10:30 am. Free lunch to follow.
St Catharines Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Parade at St. Catharines City Hall to the ceremony at Memorial Park Cenotaph, 6 St. Paul St West, November 11 at 10:45 am. Parade starts at 10:00 am at City Hall with wreath laying.
- Parade starts at Royal Canadian Legion Branch 138 (138 Chestnut St) and marches to the Cenotaph at 343 Merritt St, November 11, 10:30 am. Remembrance Day service at 11:00 am at the Cenotaph.
- Parade starts at Royal Canadian Legion Branch 350 (57 Lakeport Rd) to Port Dalhousie Cenotaph (Main St & Ann St), November 5, 11:00 am.
Thorold Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Cenotaph service at Memorial Park, 13 Albert St E, November 11 at 10:55 am.
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Niagara Falls
- Cenotaph service beside the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Fairview Cemetery, 4501 Stanley Ave, November 11, 10:45 am.
Niagara Falls will also be lit up in red on Remembrance Day from 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Queen Street Cenotaph, 26 Queen St, November 11, 10:45 am
- Brock’s Cenotaph at Niagara Parkway and Queenston Street (Queenston), November 11, 10:45 am
Don’t miss the beautiful NOTL Poppy Project at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum, on display at 43 Castlereagh Street from November 2 – November 13.
Welland Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Legion Branch 4, 383 Morningstar Ave, November 11, 10:30 am
- Welland Cenotaph in Chippawa Park, November 11, 10:30 am
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Fort Erie
These ceremonies are unconfirmed as of November 5th.
- Stevensville Memorial Hall, 2508 Stevensville Rd, November 5, 2:00 pm
- Ridgeway Memorial Cemetery Cenotaph, Farr Avenue and Gorham Road, November 11, 11:00 am
- Mather Arch, Niagara Parks Commission, Lakeshore Road, November 11, 2:00 pm
Port Colborne Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Cenotaph at H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park, 143-179 Sugarloaf St, November 11, 10:30 am followed by a light lunch.
- Cenotaph at Cedar Bay Centennial Park, 2767 Vimy Rd (St. John’s Lutheran Church), November 11, 11:00 am.
Fonthill and Pelham Remembrance Day ceremonies
- Fonthill Legion, Veterans Park, 141 Hwy. 20 E, November 11, 10:45am.
Remembrance Day ceremonies in Wainfleet
- Wainfleet Cenotaph, 31940 Highway 3 , November 11, 10:45 am.
- Best Spots to see the Fall Colours in Niagara
- Outdoorsy Things to do in Niagara During Fall
- Pumpkin Patches in Niagara
- Where to go Apple Picking in Niagara
- Haunted Places to Visit in Niagara (if you Dare!)